Owner/Builder information

Before building starts

If you are an owner-builder and the value of any residential work exceeds $10,000, a copy of an owner-builder permit must be submitted to the Principal Certifying Authority prior to commencing building work. This may be a Complying Development Certificate, a Construction Certificate or a combined application.

Comprehensive information from NSW Fair Trading

An owner-builder takes on all the risks and responsibilities of a registered building practitioner. Before you decide to go down this route, check out the NSW Fair Trading - Becoming an owner builder, for more information.