Tools & resources
Murray River Council Economic Development Strategy
Council is in the planning stage for stakeholder consultation to create its Economic Development Strategy, expected to be released in early 2019.
NSW Department of Planning have finalised a Regional Plan centred on creating more jobs, strengthening the region’s cities, towns and villages, sustainably managing its agricultural, extractive and natural resources and protecting the nationally significant Murray River.
A NSW State Government overview of what’s happening in the Riverina Murray region, including:
• Regional service delivery priorities for the Riverina Murray
• A list of projects happening in the Riverina Murray region
• An overview of the Riverina Murray region
• An overview of the Regional Growth Fund
• NSW Government initiatives happening in the Riverina Murray region
The Murray Regional Tourism corporate website provides stakeholders and businesses with relevant research and resources. Understand more about the broader tourism industry, the Murray region, and the people who visit with regularly-updated reports.
An example of some of the regionally-focused resources available include:
• strategic, marketing and destination management plans;
• domestic research, including market profiles and visitation data;
• reports and surveys on international markets and inbound visitors;
• advice on industry responses to crisis and risk.
Disasters such as bushfires, floods or cyber-attacks can devastate small businesses. But when disaster hits your business, what do you do? The process of recovery can seem overwhelming, particularly when you don’t have a plan.
'Get back to business - a guide to recovering from disaster' is a step-by-step guide for business owners dealing with a disaster. It outlines how small businesses can recover and even bounce back better than ever.