Alcohol and drugs
Drug and alcohol abuse are two serious issues affecting the lives of people across Australia.
Addiction can be an incredibly difficult problem to tackle, and there are concerns not only for the users of these substances, but also the wider community. The related information lists services free of charge and are open to all, assisting both users and community members.
- Alcohol and Drug Foundation (ADF) is Australia’s leading organisation committed to preventing alcohol and other drug harm in our communities.
- NSW Health provides a range of services for those who may be affected.
- Alcohol and Drug Information Service (ADIS) assists with alcohol or other drugs issues, concerns about someone else’s alcohol or other drugs use, or general questions about alcohol or other drugs. You can call ADIS any time of the day or week for support, information, counselling and referral to services in NSW.
- Family Drug Support Australia supporting families affected by alcohol and other drugs in Australia.
- Kids Help Line anytime, any reason – they have sections for Kids 5-12, Teens 13-18, Young Adults 19-25, Parents and Carers and Schools and Teachers.
- Deniliquin Mental Health offers an awareness group.
- Murrumbidgee Local Health District provides services for those affected.