Volunteer with us
Volunteers are essential for us to operate many of our services for the following residents living in our community
Older people and their carers
Our Community Services team includes over 100 volunteers who provide support across a range services such as:
- Social Inclusion where volunteers are matched based on common interests and provide social visits or community activities based on the needs of the person.
- Meal delivery where volunteers deliver meals to assist in a person’s daily nutritional needs.
Our Community Services Team ensures young people, living within the local area, feel that they are supported and valued members of our community, particularly young people who may have felt on the fringes of society, or struggling in some aspect of their lives, through circumstance or lack of means.
Please refer to our Youth Engagement Program Objectives below and consider volunteering your time and skills.
Volunteer with us
Volunteering is an activity which takes place through not for profit organisations or projects and is:
- of benefit to the community and the volunteer
- by free will of the volunteers and without coercion
- without financial gain
- for designated volunteer tasks only.
Being a volunteer can be a valuable and enjoyable experience, providing the opportunity to meet people and help others. People volunteer for a variety of reasons including to:
- give back to the community
- use skills to help others
- gain work experience
- learn new skills
- meet new people
- have a sense of purpose.
One of the greatest rewards of volunteering is knowing that your efforts make a difference in the lives of others. As a volunteer in our team you will be supported with orientation, training opportunities and ongoing support and supervision. There are opportunities to interact with other volunteers and attend events throughout the year.