Customer Service Centres to close from 4pm 27 March
Murray River Council’s customer service centres in Moama, Barham, Moulamein and Mathoura will close on Friday 27 March 2020 at 4pm until further notice.
The closures are in response to the escalating number of confirmed COVID-19 cases in NSW and in the South-west Riverina area in particular.
Following the closure, customers can continue to access Council services via the following:
- calling 1300 087 004 from Monday to Friday between 9am and 4pm
- visiting Council’s website at www.murrayriver.nsw.gov.au
- sending an email to email@example.com
- heading to www.service.nsw.gov.au for all Service NSW enquiries
Any residents having trouble navigating online services, are encouraged to call Council’s Customer Service Centre on 1300 087 004 for assistance.
General Manager Des Bilske said this measure has not been taken lightly and is designed to protect both employees and customers from the risks associated with potential infection.
“We know closing our customer service centres will have an impact on the community’s ability to make payments in person or to meet with our staff,” Mr Bilske said.
“Council will still be operating though, with officers still available by phone and email to assist with enquiries.”
Mr Bilske said customers will be informed of any changes to these arrangements as they occur.
“We apologise for any inconvenience caused to our customers by these measures, however the safety and wellbeing of our employees and customers is our primary concern,” Mr Bilske said.
Other Murray River Council services currently on-hold include:
- All Murray River Council library services and associated activities
- All Youth Engagement Program activities
- All Community Services social activities. Essential service requests via community services will be considered on a case-by-case basis and only fulfilled if deemed absolutely necessary. Community Services can be contacted on 1300 087 004.