Insurance protection

Do your checks

For your own protection, check that all the people you engage to undertake any part of your building project have the necessary insurances in place and that all the certificates are current.

Comprehensive advice from NSW Fair Trading

NSW Fair Trading provides information about:

  • Home warranty insurance
  • Contract works insurance
  • Professional indemnity insurance
  • Public liability insurance
  • Workers compensation or WorkCover insurance
  • Home Building Compensation Fund

Please Note: Council needs a copy of the Home Warranty Insurance for your builder before issuing a Complying Development Certificate or Construction Certificate.

Related information

NSW Fair Trading - Insurance