Plumbing & drainage
All plumbing and drainage work must be completed by a NSW licensed plumber and drainer.
From July 1 2021, all Development Applications, Construction Certificates, Complying Development Certificates, Local Activity applications (Section 68) and all other relevant planning and building applications must be submitted through the NSW Planning Portal.
All applications that would have previously been submitted to Council's Planning and Building Department will only be accepted via the ePlanning Portal.
Anyone wishing to lodge an application will need to establish their own account on the NSW Planning Portal. Once registered you can gain access to a digital dashboard which helps you to manage your application through the online system.
If you are wanting to lodge an application prior to July 1 2021, please contact us on 1300 087 004
To find out more about the Portal in the meantime, you can visit the NSW Planning Portal here.
If you require assistance using the Planning Portal, please contact ServiceNSW:
Call 1300 305 695 or email email@example.com.
Each of the following stages require an inspection before moving on to the next and require 48 hours notice prior to the inspection.
• all external drainage including the point of connection to Councils sewer
• all drainage (internal and external) including trade waste
• stack work
• alterations and additions to existing water and drainage
• connections to stormwater systems
• sealing of disused services (water and sewer)
• work that did not comply with an earlier inspection
• any work on recycled water plumbing
• all Activity Approvals require a Sewer Service Diagram to be submitted electronically to Council at
least 48 hours before a final plumbing inspection can be booked.
This is required to confirm all plumbing and drainage works were completed by a licensed plumber or drainer and are compliant with the relevant industry Codes and Standards.
To obtain a Certificate of Compliance please complete the NSW Fair Trading Notice of Work and Certificate of Compliance for Plumbing and Drainage Work.