Plumbing & drainage
All plumbing and drainage work must be completed by a NSW licensed plumber and drainer.
You need to obtain our approval if you are planning to connect or disconnect from any of Council's sewer or stormwater drainage systems or if you intend to carry out any work which may affect our systems.
Once an approval is granted we will email you an Activity Approval containing conditions specific to your plumbing and drainage.
At different stages during the plumbing and drainage works you will need to contact us to arrange an inspection with our Development Services Team. Please note: We must receive your notification form 48 hours prior to commencing any works
Each of the following stages require an inspection before moving on to the next and require 48 hours notice prior to the inspection.
• all external drainage including the point of connection to Councils sewer
• all drainage (internal and external) including trade waste
• stack work
• alterations and additions to existing water and drainage
• connections to stormwater systems
• sealing of disused services (water and sewer)
• work that did not comply with an earlier inspection
• any work on recycled water plumbing
• all Activity Approvals require a Sewer Service Diagram to be submitted electronically to Council at
least 48 hours before a final plumbing inspection can be booked.
This is required to confirm all plumbing and drainage works were completed by a licensed plumber or drainer and are compliant with the relevant industry Codes and Standards.
To obtain a Certificate of Compliance please complete the NSW Fair Trading Notice of Work and Certificate of Compliance for Plumbing and Drainage Work.