Planning information about my property

The zoning classification of any land will provide guidance on what development, or land use, is permitted. You can confirm the zoning of your property by purchasing a Planning Certificate (Section 10.7 Certificate) from Council. A Planning Certificate will also detail what other planning controls may apply to the property. Planning controls need to be considered in preparing a Development Application as they guide the design of the building and other related issues. The property may be in a bushfire risk, coastal hazard, or conservation zone, or may be heritage listed.

To check the zoning of a property, please use any of the links below:

For more information please contact us and speak with our Development Services team or complete the Request for Certificate form and mail us or lodge in person at either Barham, Mathoura or Moama offices. Application fees apply. See related items for forms and fees.