Driveways - Crossovers
If you are constructing a driveway and / or crossover you must obtain approval from Council before commencing any works.
From 1 July 2021 all driveway or crossover applications (Section 138) must be submitted through the NSW Planning Portal.
Application fees will apply (see related fees and charges).
Getting set-up for online lodgement:
- Go to www.planningportal.nsw.gov.au
- Click on “My Account”
- Select “Create Account” and follow the prompts
Once your account is set up, you can submit your application via your ePlanning account.
Please note – your application must be submitted with a site plan showing the proposed driveway and crossover in relation to the boundary (including distances to the boundary and width and length of driveway and crossover).
Fees and charges
- An invoice will be sent via the Planning Portal to the applicant
- Applications will only be formally accepted and progressed upon payment
What happens with the application?
- Once you have submitted your application, it will be checked over and Council will advise you via your Planning Portal account if any additional information is required.
- If additional information is required, you will need to submit this information to Council via your Planning Portal account.
- You will receive an automatic response when your application has been lodged into our system as well as when your application has been determined by Council.
- A Council representative will inspect the site against the driveway plan to ensure there are no impediments before any works commence and issue an approval letter and consent conditions.
- After the pre-pour works are complete, you will need to contact the Engineering Admin Officer on 1300 087 004 to arrange a pre-pour inspection.
- Approval documentation will be delivered to you via your Planning Portal account.