Parks and Open Spaces
Our local community has a diverse range of beautiful parks and gardens for you to enjoy a wide range of activities whether you’re out for a picnic or a barbecue, exercising or simply looking to relax in the great outdoors.
Our Parks and Gardens teams, design, construct and maintain many different green spaces to improve the presentation of our towns and villages. We also manage a range of sites around the built up areas including roundabouts, median strips, garden beds and street trees.
Our annual program of works includes:
• Developing a 'look and feel' for our public landscapes to complement buildings and surrounding structures
• Maintaining gardens and plants through pruning, mulching, watering and replanting
• Ensuring appropriate plant selection is based on a particular site's micro-climate and local conditions
• Using low-maintenance and water-saving designs to reduce costs where possible
• Maintaining automated irrigation systems to ensure council’s open spaces remain green during drier times
• Turf maintenance such as mowing, fertilizing, weed control and renovation
Some neighbourhood parks have limited assets and structures, however they are irrigated and regularly maintained.