There are various public transport options both within and between each of the different townships across the Council area, including local and regional bus services, taxi operators and a regional train service.
Public Transport Victoria runs coach/train services between:
- Echuca Moama - Bendigo and Melbourne
- Barham - Bendigo and Melbourne
- Swan Hill – Bendigo and Melbourne
There is also a coach service between Swan Hill and Tooleybuc, and a local service within Echuca Moama.
Transport NSW runs a coach service between:
- Moama Deniliquin - Albury
- Moama Deniliquin – Wagga Wagga
- and onto Canberra, or Griffith and beyond.
A frequent train service runs between Albury and Sydney
Council continues to plan, advocate and provide effective public transport within the Murray River Council area (e.g. bus shelters and bus services).