Murray River Council aims to provide environmentally responsible solid waste processing services by offering a number of waste services and facilities for residents, including:
• a weekly kerbside bin service for the collection of domestic waste
• a fortnightly kerbside bin service for the collection of domestic recyclables
• waste and recycling collection service as part of the kerbside collection service for businesses within the Shire
• resident waste disposal facilities
• street litter and public place waste bins
The waste and recycling collection service is compulsory in urban areas.