Smart water meter replacement program
Council is currently in the initial phase of rolling out smart water meters across the council area, with over 6,500 properties soon benefiting from having a smart water meter installed for both filtered and raw water usage.
A smart water meter is a device that automatically records water use, has the ability to electronically report water usage information at regular intervals and provides instant access to data that can show peak usage and other information.
Benefits of smart water meters include:
- the early detection of leaks
- the ability for customers to check their water usage daily
- allowing customers to develop strategies to reduce water usage
- enabling council to respond more effectively to usage enquiries.
Over the next 12 months, Council will be installing smart water meters across the area in a staged approach. Residents will receive a letter when the period is approaching for smart water meter installation in your area.
The estimated timeline of the staged replacement for filtered water meters is as follows:
- Mathoura - commence 17 March 2020
- Moama - commence 20 March 2020
- Barham, Wakool, Moulamein - commence 30 March 2020
- Tooleybuc, Koraleigh, Murray Downs - commence 30 March 2020
The installation will require approved Council contractors - Data Right/Taggle - to have access to water meters.
As many meters are located within fence boundaries, it is requested that acceptable access to properties be given to persons undertaking the work. Should a meter be inaccessible, you will be notified and council will follow this up with you to resolve the matter.
You can download the installation notice below for more information on what to expect. These have been delivered to mailboxes prior to installation.
Check out our FAQ’s in the downloadable document below or contact our Customer Service team on 1300 087 004.