Justice of the Peace
Looking for a JP in your local area?
You can find them via the NSW online register provided under the Justices of the Peace Act 2002. It includes only current JPs in New South Wales.
Tips for contact with JPs on the register:
- Contact JPs at a reasonable time (between 8am and 6pm).
- Ask the JP when and where they are available to provide JP services.
- Advise the JP in advance if you have a large amount of documents for witnessing or certifying (you may have to make an appointment).
- Have all your paperwork ready for the JP, ensuring that your documents are not pre-signed.
- Have identification documents ready for the JP if necessary.
- Be mindful that JPs do not provide legal advice.
Access the online register here.